Alyssa Milano recently did an interview on a well known *talk show... she was immediately asked how she dropped "the baby weight", because that's most important you know... Their discussion then moved to the "inappropriate" discussion of... ::whisper:: breastfeeding!
Alyssa responded flawlessly! I wish I knew if Alyssa had previously known what the host* was going to ask, because she didn't skip a beat! She responded eloquently, and even respectfully challenged the host's dismissive opinion's; not only breastfeeding, but breasts in general!
The show must have had this somewhat planned because they flashed a photo of Miley Cyrus wearing (just) one of her dreadful wardrobe choices, in contrast to a breastfeeding photo Alyssa had posted to her social media account that had raised controversy.
Unfazed, the host shook her head and made facial expressions as she explained that breastfeeding made her "uncomfortable" and that breasts are "just fun bags"! Breasts are only sexual, mother's should feed their babies in cars... I do NOT want to see "that!"
Sadly, this is what today's mothers are up against.
A blog for another day: On the flip side are the mother's harshly judged for choosing, or needing formula. Breast is best... but babies need to eat... and if it's not your baby, it's not your decision!
The segment ended with Alyssa saying the host should be glad her baby wasn't with her, because she'd "whip them out, and feed her baby right there! Applause breaks out!
I immediately shared this on Facebook, Twitter, etc, etc. I even Tweeted (is that the correct term?!) to Alyssa to say Thank you!
I also posted a comment on the tv show's website... I was not rude, angry, or even the least bit negative... the host did us all a great favor, the video is getting so much attention and that will hopefully impact new mothers far & wide!
So, to nursing mothers, pumping mothers, bottle feeding mothers, formula mothers, ALL mothers... and this includes any woman that has ever loved another human as she does her self; Love yourself...
Love your body, Love your baby, Love your loved ones... & if you have it to give...
Encourage someone you come across today!
Have a Wonderful Thursday! ❤Lea
*The Wendy William's Talk Show, Alyssa Milano on Weight Loss & Breastfeeding, Wednesday January 6th, 2016
- Feb 13, 2018 Prepared Childbirth Class - February 13th - March 6th Feb 13, 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- Nov 25, 2017 Small Business Saturday! Nov 25, 2017
- Oct 9, 2017 Fall Break-Adjusted Hours - Closed - Oct. 9th-13th Oct 9, 2017
- Oct 2, 2017 Celebrating International Babywearing Week! Oct. 2nd-8th, 2017 Oct 2, 2017
- Sep 4, 2017 Closed - Labor Day, Monday, 09/04/17 Sep 4, 2017
- Aug 19, 2017 NEW! Hi Baby Registry Aug 19, 2017
- July 2017
- Jun 27, 2017 Placenta Encapsulation Jun 27, 2017
- Jun 26, 2017 Closed Monday, June 26th & Tuesday June 27th Jun 26, 2017
- Jun 24, 2017 Complete Childbirth Classes - Starting July 20th, 6-9pm Jun 24, 2017
- Jun 24, 2017 The Birth Plan - A Free Workshop Jun 24, 2017
- Jun 17, 2017 The Pleasure and Joy in Childbirth Jun 17, 2017
- Jun 5, 2017 June Newsletter Jun 5, 2017
- May 20, 2017 The 20th Annual Baby Expo-See You There! - Saturday, May 20th & 21st May 20, 2017
- April 2017
- Feb 3, 2017 Preparing for the Postpartum Period - Friday, February 3rd Feb 3, 2017
- Jan 28, 2017 Hypnobabies® Childbirth Hypnosis Introductory Class Jan 28, 2017
- Jan 7, 2017 Saturday, January 7th 2017 Planning For Baby Event - RSVP Jan 7, 2017
- November 2016
- May 1, 2016 Hypnobabies Classes Now Available on Oahu! May 1, 2016
- May 1, 2016 New Baby Expo - Sat. & Sun. May 14th & 15th - See you There! May 1, 2016
- Mar 20, 2016 Wanna Doula? Special Pricing Ends this TUESDAY! Mar 20, 2016
- Jan 7, 2016 Alyssa Milano on Breastfeeding (NOT losing pregnancy Weight) Jan 7, 2016
- Jan 3, 2016 No bath, for several days!? Say it isn't so!!! Dirty babies everywhere!! Jan 3, 2016
- Jan 3, 2016 dōTERRA January Special! Jan 3, 2016
- Jan 2, 2016 Le Leche League Meetings - Tues., Jan. 12 at 10:15 am Jan 2, 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- Aug 26, 2015 40 Reasons To Go The Full 40 Weeks Aug 26, 2015
- Jun 30, 2015 Birth Plans vs. Birth Preferencs... Jun 30, 2015